Saturday 31 August 2013

31. The conversation

   For next half an hour we were alone in the room. Neither any of the rest three came, nor she moved out of the room. Though, I didn't care much as I was busy with Palak in texts. But, soon I felt the environment a little heavy.
   A pretty girl was sitting alone with me in the room and I was busy in my cell phone. I was being too rude with that girl, I guess. I turned my right to look at the girl again. Her eyes were too stuck in her cell screen. And fingers were on the keypad. I thought not to disturb her. But then, 'may be she was feeling bored' thought came and being a gentle boy I thought to interrupt her. I thought about 'what should I say?' and 'how to start the conversation?' for a little while. I framed many kick start sentences but soon I gave up and decided to keep it simple.
   "Hey... getting bored?" I asked simply. She heard it and her hand fumbled with the cell, as like she was caught red handed doing crime. She looked at me with her deepest eyes. How can't any one not fall into these two oceans? How can someone not jump into these two sea of love? But, I did. I controlled myself and the reason was a girl whom I had never seen.
   "No no... absolutely not. I am okay." she said after a few moments. She was still looking at me and I had started feeling uneasy with that sweet innocent look. I removed my eyes from her and tried looking here and there. At the same time, my cell phone vibrated again and this time I ignored it. I preferred not to be rude any more.
   "So... Exam's over...?" I asked. It reminded me the day when I had asked these two sisters for dinner. That day and this day. Lot's of difference was there. That day I was too noisy and kind of desperate. And today, I was calm and composed and I was feeling like my search for true love was ending. I was more happy today. And the reason was Palak possibly.
   "It was good. Now waiting for the result. Hopefully we will get a good college." she said. It was good that two people had started to talk. And the calmness of air vanished as the talk progressed. Though, we were not talking like old friends but still a lot of information had been exchanged between us.
   From a long but short conversation, I came to know that Shreya and Saumya were twins. Saumya was few seconds elder. They had a younger brother too. Both were the pass out of higher secondary and had given the exams for engineering entrances. Saumya liked engineering but Shreya was forced to do it. And she preferred not to hurt her parents. I felt a little bad for her for a moment. But then, it was okay. She was doing it for her parents.
   I too told many things about myself but yes, I skipped a lot too. Anyway, that was a good night party. We had dinner together and then started the drinks. All the five person were drinking in one room. One by one, I lost the count. It was after a long time I was getting drunk. And that night was the heights of my drinking history. And soon the history repeated itself. We all went in the arms of sleep on the floor itself.
   Wait. Did I tell you that they planned another dinner for me with Shreya next week? That means another unofficial date.
   (Next post next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment