Sunday 1 September 2013

32. Overflow of questions

   "Hey... where are you?" I got this message in the middle of the class.
   It was around 1 in the afternoon. I was attending a very boring lecture, just because it was Sid's favorite subject. Though, I didn't had that much of guts to sit in the front rows of the class during the lectures, so we were all sitting on the last bench. I was almost sleep when my cell phone made me feel it's presence through the vibration. It was Palak's message. I read and replied with the truth immediately.
   "I am getting bored in the class. Why?" I wrote. Though, I don't ask much questions but yes, I asked it this time.
   "Oh... Continue with it then." I got her reply. I could feel the disappointment in her words. Now my all senses were back to work and I was all concentrated onto my cell screen. Read the text again. And I felt the same again. I dialled the number but soon I had to press the red button as I was in the middle of the class.
   "What happened...? Any problem...?" I texted her in stead of calling. Or, you can say that I was forced to text in stead of calling.
   "No. Nothing. Actually I was around your home and I had a little free time. So I was thinking to meet you today. But leave it now." I got this reply. The happy and the sad feelings entered my heart at the same time. I was happy because Palak wanted to meet me. And I was sad because we couldn't meet that day. Our first meeting was forced to be postponed. I couldn't see her that day. I couldn't see the face behind a beautiful voice and words for few more days. Though, I wanted to fly and reach her but the fact was the distance between my home and college. Almost 45 minutes in the traffic of Delhi. And minimum of 35 minutes if used metro. Anyway, she went without meeting me and I spent rest of the class restlessly. I couldn't sleep and lecture was too boring to concentrate on. I continued cursing Sid throughout the class as he had forced me to attend the lecture. I cursed the proffessor for irritating me with his nonsense. And I even cursed myself for many unidentified reasons.
   Anyway, the lecture ended and we came out of the class. I swore that I will not attend the same lecture again in life. The first thing I did after the class was I punched Sid on his chest. He didn't mind and thought it was a normal reaction but the reason only I knew. And then I dialed the most special number in my cell phone i.e Palak's. She didn't receive the call and many thoughts crossed the road of my brain to heart. What happened? Was she angry? Why? For I couldn't meet her? But I was in class? Many questions popped up but not any answer were there in the popping list. And a traffic jam of questions occurred when I made the second attempt of calling Palak, only to hear the operator's computerized voice. It said that the number I was calling was switched off. I tried again to prove my ears wrong but no. They were perfectly fine I guess. I heard the same computerized voice again and again. I cursed many people again. I felt like broken up after making the last attempt of calling. I felt like drowning. And my mind was about to crash due to overflow of unanswered questions when my cell phone vibrated again after almost 45 minutes.
   (Next post, Next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment