Tuesday 3 September 2013

34. Asking for help

   I decided against the date with Shreya on Friday after a lot of thoughts. But now was a bigger question ahead. How to tell it to Shreya? It was a little tough for me to pass on my decision to a extremely cute girl like Shreya. I have never done it. Saying a 'no' to a girl was a big deal for me. But I had to do it anyway. So I thought to take some help from my best buddy. And I called Rajeeve. He said, he was in the badminton court for his match. I walked towards the badminton court where there was college team selection going on for inter college competition. And so, they were testing players through conducting matches between them. They had asked me to give a test for tennis but I preferred not to go for it. 
   Anyway, when I reached the court, a match was going on between Rajeeve and Shyam. I had to wait for him. He was playing well but his opposition was better than him. He lost the match. And he was out of the selection process with that defeat.
   I thought not to ask my questions to him as he will be upset, I thought. But he was absolutely normal. It was very likely of him. He never bothered about anything. Not even when he failed in two subjects during our schooling. His father had a lots of money to keep him tension free.
   "I have something to tell you Rajeeve." I said when he walked to me. We were sitting in the very little crowd. And in the court there was another match going on between two girls. Though, I didn't had any interest in watching them jumping in the court in short skirt, but I was with Rajeeve and he never missed these badminton or tennis clashes between two girls.
   "What?" He looked at me and said.
   "Here?"
   "What's the problem here? Tell me. I am all ears." he said casually. But I knew he won't listen to me anything here. One high jump on either side of the court and his ears will get deaf.
    "It's kind of serious yaar." I had to act serious a little. But not any kind of seriousness was enough to make him leave the match. I had to wait for another half an hour. Fortunately not any other match was there on that day and we walked out of that area.
   We decided to go to a coffee shop near by. And we were there within next fifteen minutes. We ordered two lemonades and a hot chocolate cake there.
   "Now tell me your problem." He asked after giving the order.
   "It's related to friday's date. I don't want to go." I said in a soft and serious tone.
   "Is this your problem? Wait, am I your date for friday? Then let me tell you buddy, I am straight and I like to go on date with girls only." He was still kidding. I didn't like it.
   "Be serious yaar. I am talking about the date with Shreya which you and Sid planned. I don't want to go out with her." I said with the same serious tone. It striked him. And when he got what I said, his expression was like 'what? But why?" I told him everything what was going on to my mind. I told him about Palak and the texts and the calls and everything. I also told him that I liked palak. He listened to me with all the concentration. And by the end of my story, I found him smiling. I couldn't understand why was he smiling. I asked him but he kept smiling continuously. I waited for him to suggest me. I waited for him to speak. I tried to read his face but couldn't find anything other than that smile.
    (Next post next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment