Monday 2 September 2013

33. Excitement build up

   It was Palak's number flashing on the screen. I took a breathe of relief. Hopefully, everything was fine. At least she called me back and I felt relaxed for the moment.
   "I am so sorry yaar. Really. I am sorry. Please forgive me." I said as soon as I recieved the call.
   "For what?" She wondered.
   "You were around my place and I couldn't be your company." I said in a disappointed tone. Really. I was disappointed for not making it.
   "Oh common yaar Rohan. Don't be silly. I can understand it that you were in class. We can meet some other time. Don't be sorry okay." She said.
   "That means you are not angry with me ?"
   "Not at all. Why would I be? I don't have any reason good enough to be angry." She said and my heart exclaimed.
   "Really. Then why didn't you receive my call?" I couldn't hold back my curiosity to ask. She said that her cell was running out of battery and so it got switched off automatically. And she was on the way at that time so she reached home, plugged in the charger and then called me. I understood it all. And the answers were all present now for the questions which popped up some times back.
   "When are you free next time around my home? We can meet then." I asked after she ended with her own story.
   "I am free for you every time, where ever I am."
   "Right now?"
   "Yes. I am kind of free right now too but not around your home. I am free in my room right now."
   "Okay then. See you in your room in the evening. But make sure that your room partner is away from room. Okay?" I said. Though, I didn't had any plan visiting her right now. But yes,  I wanted to see her. I liked talking to her. In fact, I liked her and I had developed a little soft corner in my heart for her. I was just a meeting away from falling in love with the girl behind so many text messages and a sweet voice. You can say that I was eager to fall in love with that unknown face.
   "Not possible. I mean to say that you may come but my room mate will be there in my room. But I would love to meet you outside my room. I will wait for you if you decide to come." She said. I could feel the happiness and excitement in her voice.
   "But I want to see your room. Can't you take me there?"
   "Oh... I see. You want to see my room. Good. But you know, there is nothing special in my room." She said in such a dramatic tone that I am sure she must have had a great facial expressions to watch. I missed that.
   "Yes, Of course there are special things in your room. Everything which has a place around you is special. They are so lucky to see you everyday when you wake up and when you go to sleep. They can even see you throughout the night when you sleep. I am feeling too jealous of them right now." It was too flirty but I meant what I said. I was not flirting. It came naturally.
   "Wow! You speak so well yaar. Any girl can fall for such lovely words. Really." She said.
   "You?" Instantly slipped out of my mouth.
   "What?"
   "Nothing. So when can we meet? Anywhere? At your convenience." I tried to distract her attention from my previous accidental word. And I was successful doing so by some extent.
   "Sunday I am free for all day. No classes are there so we can meet on sunday, if you don't have any problem." She said after thinking a bit. What problem I could have. I didn't have any problem in meeting her even at odd hours of the day or night. I was free for her 24*7. I agreed for it. And we hung up after talking for another 15 minutes.
   Though, sunday was far away but excitement started building up at the moment when she said that she will meet me. And why not? I was going to meet the girl with whom I was chatting for last two months now. The girl whose every message was a treat to read. The girl whose voice had made me fall many times. The voice which had made me feel that I have heard it many times before and I am hearing it for the first time at the same time. Finally I was going to meet that girl.
   Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the middle. Wait! Friday had something. Yes, before meeting Palak, I had to go on a date with Shreya. Should I or not? Will it be right or wrong? But, what to do now? Should I meet Shreya for just the sake up formality? Yes. I should, I decided. But my heart was still excited for Sunday.
   (Next post, next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment