Sunday 8 September 2013

37. The truth

   I woke with the cracking alarm sound. The clock against the wall was showing 8 in the morning. I got off the bed and jumped into the washroom. Another half an hour and I was ready for my first date with Palak. As discussed last night, I was wearing a black polo t- shirt and a blue jeans. And she had to wear a pink dress.
   I reached the decided address a little early. I called her and asked about where she was. She said she will be reaching in ten minutes. She was coming. That meant I was going to see her for the first time in my life. The girl whom I didn't know few weeks before, was the most important girl for me. The girl whom I loved a lot was going to be in front of my eyes after a few minutes.
   My heartbeat was almost double of what was it's normal speed. And the excitement was too high. My eyes were looking here and there to see that face. And during this I saw someone. I saw a face which looked very familiar to me. I thought but it didn't strike me. I looked at the face again. She was walking in the same direction where I was. Yes, I knew her. I have seen her somewhere, I thought. Those eyes, that nose, those lips, I had seen it before. She was still ten yards away from me and I was continuously looking at her. Her eyes met mine and she smiled. The smile striked and I got her. I said I knew her and I was not wrong. I knew her very well.
   She was the first girl I was crazy for. She was the same girl who gave the first romantic kiss. My first love Anjali, if I was not wrong. And I was confident about it. I was not wrong.
   She stopped three yards before me. I wondered, if she had recognized me. She was smiling. The smile I was crazy for. The smile which took my heart almost every time. I was lost in that smile once again. I had totally forgotten about the girl who was coming to meet me. And I was lost in my first love or crush, whatever it was.
   But then a question striked. What was Anjali doing in Delhi? She should have been in Jamshedpur? I thought to ask the question.
   'Hi...' she said..I looked back to see if some one else was there she was talking with. But no, she was talking to me. Wait. Something striked me again. Her voice. It was too identical to someone's voice. If I was not wrong, I have heard the voice many times over the phone. Is it? I mean really? No no, it's not possible. It can't be possible anyway. But how can be two voices same.
   'Hello Rohan...!!' she said again when I didn't respond to her previous 'hi'. Now it was not a doubt. I was sure of it. I can't miss this tone. It was same. That meant she was not just my first love but last one too? Yes, she was the one. She was the girl I was here for? She was the girl I was talking to from last few weeks? She was the girl I had texted so much to?
   I was surprised and shocked at the same time. Yes, you are right. She was palak and she was Anjali too. But why did she hide it from.me? Why in the world she had to change her name? She could have told me the truth. But no, she didn't. And I was facing the truth right there. My mind had a lot if unanswered questions in my head. I didn't know that I should be happy or sad? I didn't even know how to react?
  Continues...................

No comments:

Post a Comment