Wednesday 4 September 2013

35. Leg pulling

   "What..? I am in a problem and you are smiling? This is not done yaar. Tell me what should I do now?" I said irritatingly. He didn't respond again. He just kept looking at me and smiling. Now I was going out of my mind. I was feeling like to punch him on his face. And believe me, I could have done it if he wouldn't have spoken at the moment.
   "No... I mean I am trying to find what has happened to you? Look at you, you don't look like yourself. You are not talking like the Rohan I know. I know that you wanted to changed. You wanted to fall in love. And see, you are gone. You are down. You are out of your hand now. I just can't believe it that you are the same Rohan." He saved himself from my punch. But instead of solving my problem, his words confused me more. I was dumb enough to understand his words. I just not wanted to go on a date with Shreya and I didn't have the guts to say a 'no' to her directly. And so, I just wanted a help from Rajeev. But he was talking nonsense, than to solve my problem.
   "What are you talking about? Tell me how to do it? Will you talk it to Sid and pass the information?" I asked confusingly.
   "Don't worry about that. It's not what I am worried about. It will be taken care of. But I am worried about you yaar. I mean, what are you turning up into. I am afraid. I mean, no. Believe me I am afraid of loosing a good friend like you. Please. Come back." He was still looking at me in the same way. I was happy that he will pass the info to Shreya but at the same time, his words were too confusing to understand. He was sounding strange. Or, may be I was too dumb to get his simple words.
   "Thanks yaar. Thanks a lot for making me relaxed from this part. Now stop looking at me this way." I said presently. But inside, I wanted to squeeze my own head for not getting him, or for he was irritating me and confusing me too much.
   "My friend is gone. Really. I lost you Rohan. But I request you one thing, please show me that girl who took you away from us. Yes, I mean it friend." He said and dialed a number on his cell phone. Thankfully, he was not looking at me now and I could concentrate on my own thoughts and yes, most importantly I could concentrated on my lemonade. He was busy listening to the caller tune of the person whom he had called. It was Sid, I found it later. He asked about his whereabouts. He was in the college I guess. So, he asked him to join us in the coffee shop. Now, there were going to be two person for pulling my both legs.
   He reached within next 20 minutes. We had ordered another cup of coffee for us. He had a seat and looked at us confusingly. And he asked me about what happened to Rajeev. I said, I don't have any idea and it was true. I knew that he was pulling my leg but he was so serious about it.
   "I don't know what should I say Sid? Should I be happy or sad? And the same is going to happen with you when I will tell you the truth, I guess." He said in the same tone. Now, it was turn of Sid to get confused. He looked at Rajeev with the great confusion. "And the truth is, our friend is in love. Rohan is in love with a girl." He said in the same tone and then he smiled the widest. Sid and I had the totally different expressions. Sid and Rajeeve were looking too happy and I was like 'what?' Like really? No. No way. I just like palak. I am not in love yet. But at the same time, I was too smiling somewhere inside.
   After that I gave many proof that I was not in love. But, they were busy pulling my leg for next half an hour. We left the coffee shop in the evening. They dropped me at my home.
   I entered my home and I went to my room. I rolled on to my bed and I found myself in front of the mirror. I was smiling. I got up and sat on the bed. I moved my hand in my hair and Rajeeve's words  crossed my mind again. Really I was in love? I smiled again. I don't know what it was but now, I was more excited to meet Palak on sunday.
   (Next post, next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment