Thursday 5 September 2013

36. The past

   Wednesday to Saturday. How days passed only I know. It was too difficult for me. We shared uncountable text messages between us and numerous hour on voice call. It was like we didn't want the service provider to be in loss. And yes, many sleepless nights followed. Counting the stars could have been our favorite time pass, but unfortunately, not many stars used to be visible in the sky over Delhi those days. Still it's same though.
   It was saturday night. Next day we were going to meet for the first time. It was around 1 a.m. and we were still on the phone. We didn't even had any plan to sleep off.
   "I want to tell you something." Palak said.
   "I too want to tell you something but I will tell it to you tomorrow." I said and imagined the sequences which were going to occur tomorrow, once again in my head. I smiled again.
   "It's kind of serious Rohan." she said. And I genuinely felt seriousness in her voice. My senses got an alert. I changed my position on bed in a fraction of second. Now I was sitting and firmly holding the cell phone onto my right ear. My eyes were wide open and could see everything even in the darkness of my room.
   "What happened? Any problem? Is everything okay?" I asked in all serious tone. Many dangerous thoughts crossed my head. My heart beat had started pounding up.
   "I am absolutely fine. Don't worry about it. Actually I want to tell you few truths before we meet. And it's important." She said. I relaxed. But at the same time, her last few words were enough to confuse my head. I wondered what she was talking about? Which truth of her life is still not in my knowledge? I knew every little things related to her I guess. Wait. Was she talking about the fact that how she knows me from last few years and how did she got my cell number? Is it still important enough now? I guess not.
   "Okay tell me." I said in the same confused tone.
   "Remember the day when we first exchanged the texts? That day you asked me about my identity and I told you that I am Palak. And then onwards you never asked me about how do I know you and from where did I get your number. You trusted me and never asked about my personal identity. Yes, you know a lot about me but still, a few things are there which you don't know, which I never told you. Now, it's the time that I should tell it to you." She was speaking in a very composed tone and I was listening to her. I thought for it. But it was too late to bother for such small things. I was in love and that was more than enough an introduction. I didn't want her to think so much about anything. I just wanted to talk to her but not nonsense. I wanted to talk about more important things. And I forced her not to speak about past identity or actual identity.
   We decided the place to meet and went off to sleep. Though, it took another half an hour to get slept actually. But, it happened and I was meeting palak in my dream. The girl whom I never had seen before. The girl with whom I was in love.

continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment